Order Management & Provisioning - Subject Matter ExpertUp to £90,000 per year
A leading mobile network provider is seeing a Subject Matter Expert for the Order Provisioning & Management team.
Here you will be accountable for the design, development and delivery of the solutions coming from the Order Management & Provisioning development team, Satellite Application Team, Robotics and the Pega/Tibco Teams.
You will be responsible for the delivery of13 systems which range in technology, delivery partner and delivery methodology with annual budgets of upto £5 million.
- Manage internal development team
- Reduce annual expenditure and increase delivery cadence
- Lead 4 separate development teams delivering business solutions using a range of technologies
- Manage both onshore and offshore development teams
- Review and approve solution designs and suggest alternative approaches where improvements can be made to align with existing solution, eco system architecture guidance
- Responsible for ensuring each release is 'full' so as to minimise wastage
- Maintain business roadmap and release strategy
- Review software solutions - ensuring compliance to our standards; adherence to requirements and performance
- Conduct & review estimations and maintaining estimation models
- Author development tooling to streamline testing
- Work with the QA function to determine suitable test strategies
- Tool evaluation and selection process
- Author & implement automation principles and tooling
- Determine software deployment strategy
- Set development & delivery principles & guidelines across a range of technologies
- Production Incident point of contact
- Team resource planning, OSP management & recruitment
- Manage the reduction of technical debt
- Reducethe cost of platform ownership
- Mentor key talent & helping the team to achieve our objectives through support.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Contract negotiation with external suppliers
- Supplier management
- Team building, mentoring and motivating
- Experience of: Design Patterns, Performance Management, Continuous Integration, Managing Technical Debt, Software Security, GDPR, Business Process management re-engineering, Restful API, SOA, MicroServices & CRM.
- Delivery Tooling: Jenkins, TFS & JIRA
- Cloud Platforms: Ability to deliver business solutions and development tooling on both AWS and Azure
- Delivery Methodology: Agile, Waterfall & Iterative
- Excellent programming skills on both Windows and UNIX platforms
- Database experience: Oracle, SQL Server & MySQL
- Software Security