Network EngineerUp to £42,000 per year
Job Title: Network Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
This position will sit within the core networks team responsible for both data and voice network services. You will help design, build and maintain a modern robust communications platform linking both our worldwide retail and corporate estates.
As a talented individual who has come from a traditional voice and network background, you will be passionate about VOIP and be familiar with concepts such as infrastructure as a code, cloud and automation technology. You will be working with a group of voice, infrastructure and ultimately DevOps engineers and architects on maintaining, improving and developing the organization voice infrastructure that provides real time services to our retail and corporate users.
- Maintain and develop the organizations voice infrastructure
- Contribute and deliver against strategic initiatives
- Own the problem, quality, deployment speed and cost (recommend if we should buy or build)
- The idea of learning new technologies appeals to you
- You want to develop and share your knowledge, support your colleagues and you want your team to be successful (it is about the team success not only yours).
- You are detail oriented
- An analytical mindset and pragmatic approach
- Co-ordinate and assist in the creation and upkeep of documentation, procedures, guidelines and schematic drawings
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: design, deploy and manage LANs, WANs, wireless networks, including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless controllers, Access Points, IPPBX and other hardware, maximize network availabilityThe Person
- Help transition the business from traditional voice to a modern digital architecture, as well as supporting and maintaining the current voice systems while they are migrated
- Good knowledge of VoIP software and related protocols such as SIP, RTP, SDP or willingness to learn these to an advanced level; and ideally development experience which you are willing to utilize in a DevOps environment
- Ability to troubleshoot SIP Protocols
- Installing or configuring Session Border Control (SBC) infrastructure
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing global access control policies.
- Experience of Voice principles and protocols / VoIP, especially SIP
- CISCO Call Manager
- CUCM and CISCO CUBE
- CISCO Telephony/Voice
- UCCX experience
- Good knowledge of SIP
- Ideally Cisco certified